How can you not forgive that?
So, ready for a story?
I got my braces on in December, right before Christmas (worst present I've ever had). It hurt SO bad! The pain was awful, I couldn't chew anything, and my teeth constantly hurt and I was getting headaches. It lasted for about a week or two.
Then I got them re-tightened. I thought it would be like last time, super horrible. It hurt, but not as much as before, and it only lasted three or four days.
I went in a couple months later to get them re-tightened. I had a faulty hygienist and I had a huge wire poking out. I couldn't feel it then, but an hour later it was driving me crazy. It cut into my lip reeeeeally bad, it was a bloody mass of lip tissue, really gross, and really painful. I had to wear wax 24/7. Wax is horrible, it's a whole 'nother post. My teeth started to adjust and it went away, then they adjusted more and it came back, switched again and it was gone.
Now, today. I went in and expected it to be like the other two, short and
So we tried the lip retractor five times, then tried a smaller one. It was too small, so she had to use some weird little pad things with her hands. Then she stuck some medicine stuck to cotton swabs in my gums.
A while ago they pulled out my canine teeth. They weren't ready to come out. Now they're trying to force the permanent ones out. I think it's
So she stuck it in my two canine gum holes. I hated it, it didn't feel good, all I wanted was that out of my mouth.
Then the dentist/doctor came over. He started talking about a laser. I repeat, he was talking about a LASER. Freak out! He said something like, "I hope you're not too scared for the laser". Like I knew about it in advance. I didn't, they never told us. Anyways, he brought this laser over that had smoke coming out of it (double freak out!!!) and started digging it around in my gum. I couldn't feel it that much, but I didn't like it. I'm pretty sure red hot fire lasers were never meant to be in my gums. EVER.
Then they tried to put some "button" on. I had no idea what they were doing, I just wanted to go home. When I looked at it at home it looks like they stuck an invisible hook/string in the gum hole (that they made with the laser) and then brought that up and stuck it up on the top high part of my gums.
Ouch.
Okay, enough about lasers and hooks and teeth, lets talk about this.
I went to Golden Corral a couple weeks ago with my mom and my two littlest brothers and sisters. I LOVE Golden Corral, they rock, and I totally want to do a copycat of their scones, except for I am deathly afraid of fry oil, so that's out of the question.
My little sister got watermelon, and I got her some cotton candy. The cotton candy fell into the watermelon, and started melting. I tasted it and . . .
It was amazing! So awesome, I loved it and did it with the rest of her watermelon. I recreated it at home as soon as I could, yesterday, but . . .
I had just gone to the orthodontist (aka the laser fanatics), so my teeth were suuuuper sore. I tried to bite into a watermelon during the photo shoot to make it look cool and I just about died. So, while I didn't really eat this, I've had it before, and it rocked.
But what I did eat was some of the cotton candy with watermelon juice. Ohmygosh it was so good! So yummy, totally doing this again and again.
What this is is watermelon cubes. You smoosh the cotton candy into the top and it starts melting and oozing into the watermelon. Then you add another piece on top. This one might melt a little, but not that much.
That's it! Then you eat it and it's awesome and the end.
Cotton Candy Watermelon
Watermelon oozing with melted cotton candy, with another fluffy piece on top!
Ingredients:
- watermelon
- cotton candy
- Cut the watermelon into cubes.
- Pull off a piece of the cotton candy that is about half the size of the cube, you don't have to be exact, any amount is fine. Press that into the top and push down. It will start melting. When there is only a little bit left, stop.
- Grab another tuft and stick it on top. Eat!
So, I love this, because it's super delicious, and it's easy. If you know me, that's a staple, if it's too hard, I totally quit. That's kind of why I love cake mix so much.
This would be great for the 4th of July, or any time! Have fun creating!


No comments:
Post a Comment