I mean, we could still be dressed like pioneers, and I think I prefer pants (I seriously die in church clothes. I like church, I just don't like getting dressed up for church. When I was younger, like 8 or 9, I'd wear my shorts underneath my skirt so as soon as I came home I'd rip my skirt off and jump on the trampoline.)
And lots of trends come back, or never go away. It's weird to see how some of the things that were around with hippies are kind of getting reincarnated in cuter styles. Like colored jeans. And plaid/old looking shirts.
It's kind of like that in the blogging world. Around Christmas/January, gooey butter cakes were all over the place, like here, here , here, and here.
And then suddenly they stopped. So I'm kind of trying to bring them back for summer, in the perfect form, S'mores.
So, just like yesterday, these pictures stink. I don't get it! And just like yesterday, the actual food looks horrible. Like a brown crust, black gooey stuff, and yellow burnt top.
But, just like yesterday, these tasted a-ma-zing.
Seriously.
My mom really liked them and kept asking for more. And she's healthy! She normally only nibbles on the treats I make, but she said that these "were so good. amazing" Lots of people say, this recipe will ruin your diet, but it's worth it because it's so good bla bla bla.
Well, these ARE amazing, but they won't ruin your diet. Because, my mom is all healthy and she doesn't look any plumper than yesterday. (that means she is exactly the same. except for her tastebuds got lighted up so really she'll never been the same again since she has experienced the sheer awesomeness of this stuff)
This was the best gooey butter cake ever! It has a graham cracker crust (that me and my sister went crazy for) a gooey chocolare middle, marshmallows, and the ooey gooey crunchy top.
I wanted to have a layer of marshmallow in between the chocolate, but something weird happened. When it baked, all the marshmallow fluff jumped through to the top to merge with the crunchy top. Kind of weird, but it still tasted so good! Seriously to die for, you can ask my mom, my family, my BFF, and the neighbor kid who washed the dishes for me so he could have an extra slice.
I liked them the best when they were chilled, not as soft and falling all over, more like an extremely fudgey brownie.
You have got to try these!
S'mores Gooey Butter Cake
A fun summer twist on the New Orleans treat, with graham cracker crust, chocolate filling, marshmallow, and crunchy meringue top.
Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 3 cups of graham cracker crumbs (about 2 packages)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. butter (1 stick)
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups marshmallow fluff
- Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, mix 3/4 cup of butter with graham cracker crumbs (I just crushed them with my blender), sugar and salt. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 cake pan. Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, mix together cake mix with 1 stick of butter and 1 egg.
- Divide it in half. Pat one half into the pan on top of the graham crackers. (once the graham crackers are out). Use the back of a wet spoon to spread the marshmallow fluff over the dough. Drop the remaining dough in small spoonfuls on top. Try to spread it a little without moving the marshmallow fluff too much.
- Cream together cream cheese, 2 eggs, powdered sugar and vanilla. Pour over cake mixture, spreading to the edges. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
I really like gooey butter cake, but this is SO much better than the norm. The crunchy/sweet gooey top. The fudgy middle. The to-die-for crust. And, I used my easy recipe as a base. It's only five ingredients!
This dessert is easy, fun, and sure to wow people, the perfect summer dish!
This was actually going to be the original title photo, but I found out I liked the other one better.
But, this ones cool too!






Ithink this would win a recipe contest!
ReplyDelete