Fall means that it's COLD! And the worst thing, SCHOOL!!!!! School is awful! Summer is hands down my favorite season. Popsicles, cotton candy, fireworks, parades, watermelon, vacations, freedom from school, water balloons, hanging out with friends all day, you know.
All the parents are like, my kids are making me crazy, I can't wait to send them off on that bus. But, they're crazy. Summer is awesome. School is very bad.
It's still August and everyone's ripping out pumpkin and apples!
I am not ready for school AT ALL. I still need to buy school clothes and supplies and it feels like summer just started! June went by pretty slow, but then July and August were super fast.
But, since I want to have a popular blog and what-not, I'll jump on the back to school lunch bandwagon. Not the pumpkin one though. Because that would mean that fall really is here.
Muddy buddies are perfect for lunches. Seriously. One, they taste good, and two, they give you insta friends. I brought some muddy buddies to lunch once, and suddenly the whole table is full of my "friends". And since my school boundaries have switched (leaving all my old friends behind) I'm going to need some help.
And, now that it's the school year, there is no time! Right? Well, I guess for mom peoples you'll have time, but I won't! Someone needs to get a hold of the algebra teacher and tell her that no one has time for sixty math problems. And these are REALLY easy, they come together in a snap!
So, my muddy buddy addiction rages on. This time with Ben & Jerry's. These are pretty basic, chex covered with peanut butter and chocolate, then covered with a banana pudding/powdered sugar mixture. These are so good! I mean, when are muddy buddies, NOT good? These taste best with real banana slices, a handful of these and a couple slices of bananas are the perfect snack combo!
Perfect for back-to-school lunches, parties, late night snacks, whatever!
Chunky Monkey Muddy Buddies
Inspired by Ben & Jerry's, these take muddy buddies to a new level with banana pudding mix!
- 4 cup chex cereal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 small (3.4 oz.) box of banana pudding
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Measure the chex and pour into a large bowl.
- Microwave chocolate, butter, and peanut butter. Take out and stir about every 20 seconds. After 1 minute, add vanilla. Stir, and microwave until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the cereal. Mix it with a plastic spatula until coated in the mixture.
- Pour powdered sugar and box of pudding mix into a gallon size zip-loc bag. Seal and shake together until mixed.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the cereal into the bag. Seal the bag and shake until coated.
- Serve. This is good at any stage, I like it best fresh and melty.
*you don't want the chocolate covered chex to harden or cool or else the pudding/powdered sugar mixture won't stick. You can try to start mixing the dry ingredients while the chocolate is melting, but either way, put the cereal in the bag fast while it's still warm.
These are perfect for back to school, quick, easy, delicious, and sure to win friends at lunch!






No comments:
Post a Comment