Monday, December 31, 2012

Candy Corn Milkshake

 

Yay! It's the first day of candy corn week! I'm so excited and I hope you are too.

Okay, when I first thought of candy corn week, I knew it was genius. But how do you get the flavor of candy corn into stuff, was my first thought.
I mean, I know you could make a candy corn party mix by just doing chex mix, white chocolate and candy corn, but that's boring.

Then finally I saw the inspiration I was looking for. Candy Corn Puppy Chow.
Okay, Laura is genius (actually all the girls over at Cookin Up Good Times are genius, but since I love candy corn, this is especially genius).





So how do you get a candy corn flavor? The answer is . . . .  white cake mix (and candy corn of course)!

Immediately I started thinking of hundreds of ideas.
Then I thought of this milkshake.
Oh yeah, it's all coming together.


Candy Corn Milkshake

This gets it's candy corn flavor from candy corns and white cake mix, plus with food coloring it even looks like a candy corn!!

Serves             Cook Time         Prep Time       Total Time
3                         5 minutes           5 minutes        5 minutes

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups of milk
  • 1/2 a cup of white cake mix, add more or less to taste
  • 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream
  • 1 tbsp of light corn syrup
  • 1/2 cup of candy corn
  • orange and yellow food coloring
  • Cool Whip
Directions: Blend ice cream, cake mix, corn syrup and milk together. Add candy corn. Divide into two halves. Add orange and yellow food coloring to the seperate halves. Layer orange on top of yellow, put on whipped cream.

Notes:you can add candy corn for garnish. It helps if you crush the candy corn in your food processer first and then add to the milkshake.



Hope you enjoyed the first day of candy corn week!!


Note: The recipes I post are mine, the photos are not. These photos come from SheKnows










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...