Saturday, December 29, 2012

Cake Batter Pudding Mousse


 
I used to put all my food ideas in a navy blue notebook.

It was pretty good idea. I'd just write down the idea and the star ingredients, and where I'd get the base of my recipe, the blog I adapted it from. I'd even write tidbits of what the blog post should say. I'd even do whole themed weeks (like Candy Corn Week, or Boston Cream Pie Week). It was awesome. That way I'd never forget what I'd make, and if I was ever stuck with a case of bloggers block, I'd just do some of the prepared recipes from my notebook.

But sadly, the notebook was lost. Gone are all my hopes and dreams and inspirations. But I still remember a few of them, and I save them into drafts on this blog. This is one recipe that I remember.

So, this is kind of totally off topic but .. . . .  I love mousse, I mean, look at this
 
 Don't you just want to lick your screen?

Well, Ashton is kind of the pudding mousse queen. I mean, she's made Samoas Pudding Mousse, Thin Mint Pudding Mousse, and Red Velvet Cheesecake Pudding Mousse and a lot more.
But I figured, hey, two can play at this game. So now I've thought up all sorts of pudding mousses in my head that I'll post someday.

Anyways, this mousse is especially good because it tastes like cake batter!!! Me and cake batter are BFFs. I think on my birthday week, or on EOIH birthday week, I'll do lots of cake batter things. Again.

By the way, this mousse is easy peasy, totally can do, and it only takes like five minutes. So what are you waiting for, go make it!!



Cake Batter Pudding Mousse
(4 “sizeable” portion)
 
Ingredients :
  • 1 small box vanilla instant pudding mix
  • 1 small tub cool whip
  • 1 1/2 c. milk
  • 1/2 c. funfetti cake mix
  • optional: crushed graham crackers
Instructions:
  1. Whisk together the pudding mix and the milk.
  2. Working quickly, sift in the funfetti cake mix (coming from a girl who hates sifting– it’s worth it here) and whisk together.
  3. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the cool whip. Incorporate completely.
  4. (Normally, you can stop here, but I found the cake mix added some lumps that you don’t normally get, so you may find that you need to use an electric hand mixer to get those out)

Note: These photos are not mine, I don't have a camera, these are just pictures I found that resemble the recipe. These ones come from Chelsea's Shimmers and Glitters







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...